Instructor: Umberto Catignani
This course is for: Persons desiring to have a fundamental understanding of the overall injection molding process via Scientific Molding from the Plastics Point of View.
Course summary: Fundamentals of Scientific Injection Molding is an ideal class for someone that wishes to learn and understand the basics of injection molding while correlating classroom theory with hands-on machine time.
The course involves:
- The Injection Molding Machine
- Polymeric Materials Fundamentals
- The Four Primary Plastic Conditions and their effects on Processing & Molded Part Properties
- Mold Fundamentals
- Machine Operating Controls
- Processing & Troubleshooting
- Injection Molded Part Problems & Solutions
While at the machine, you will be shown basic standard set-up parameters & techniques and how to properly operate the injection molding machine.